What is included in a home inspection?
Turnkey provides a comprehensive home inspection service. We examine all accessible portions of the house, top to bottom, inside and out and look at the following:
- HVAC ducts and unit servicing
- Interior plumbing inspection
- Exterior drains and gutters
- Drain, waste, and vent systems
- Electrical system inspection
- Electric panel review
- Detailed roof inspection
- Attic inspection and visible insulation
- Foundation, basement and structural components
- Attics, Basements and accessible crawl spaces
- Insulation and ventilation
- Doors, windows, railings
- Water Heater
- Walkways, Driveways
- Porches, Patios, Carports, and Balconies
- Eaves, soffits, and fascia
What do home inspectors look for?
If you’re a first time home buyer or new to the process, you might find yourself wondering what do home inspectors look for?
Home inspectors look for home defects, safety issues and code violations using a detailed checklist. There are lots of items reviewed during the interior and exterior examination from a professional home inspector. How are these items determined? We utilize the InterNACHI’s standards of practice. The InterNACHI is the foremost leader in home inspector accreditation and continuing education.
Their high standards maintain that we should include reviews of :
- Basement, Foundation, Crawlspace & Structure
- Attic, Insulation & Ventilation
- Doors, Windows & Interior
Who pays for a home inspection?
Considering getting a home inspection? Wondering who pays for a home inspection? When buying a home, it is traditional for the buyer to pay the costs for the home inspection. The home inspection is protecting the buyer’s investment, so it makes sense that they would bear the costs.
When selling a home, some realtors and sellers opt to pay for their own pre-listing inspection. Home inspections do make a house more attractive to buyers if the seller pays for an inspection before listing the house for sale. In this case, investing in a pre-listing inspection can be a great marketing tactic as a seller.